Monday, October 5, 2009

Bubba's Beer Biscuits

Hello all! Did you have a good weekend? Mine was wonderful. Yesterday was the art show for my neighborhood, which is right down the street from me. My mom was an exhibitor and I was able to walk down to visit her and the other artists. Then I made homemade chicken pot pie and Bubba's Beer Biscuits from Paula Deen. It was a great Sunday! I got this recipe from a friend who had us over for dinner a couple months ago. So delicious! So easy!

The how-to: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Mix 4 cups biscuit mix (recommended: Bisquick), 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar, 1 (12-ounce) can of beer and 2 tablespoons butter, melted. Adjust the sugar according to how sweet a biscuit you prefer. Pour into well-greased muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with honey butter.

I did not see the honey butter recipe when I made these, but it sounds like the perfect compliment. Allow 1/2 pound butter to soften to room temperature. Using an electric mixer whip the butter and 2 tablespoons honey together until well mixed and smooth.
Serve the biscuits while still warm with the honey butter. 
Easy peasy! Enjoy!

image: food network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!