Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays : The Intensi-Toddy!

Hello all! Sorry for my absence! (I know, you're all like, what absence? You haven't blogged regularly in forevs.) Anyway, I'm still sorry. Last week we went to Tennessee somewhat unexpectedly for Chris's grandfather's funeral. Right before that, I picked up a darn cold! The weather changed very quickly here. The weekend before I spent a decent amount of Sunday lounging around with the french doors and windows open, enjoying the chill and the breeze. Apparently my immune system did not take such delight in the sudden change. Well, it was certainly convenient that around the same time, I discovered Linda Wagner and her healthy ways. I stumbled upon (ie: read her blog for hours and dug this up beauty) this post featuring a cold-kicking hot toddy!


If you've never had a hot toddy, it's a must-try. I suppose that before, I never really thought too much about what was in it. I have ordered them on a night out occasionally, and little did I know, this is one bit of drinking (alcohol) that does a body good! I'll be honest though, they recommend to drink 4 cups a day and I don't know about you, but I would feel some side-effects of the rum, so 4 cups on a weekday was a no-go. We did have a night in on Friday with some chicken enchilada soup, homemade hot toddy's and Love, and Other Drugs, which was quite enjoyable - tissues and all. Anyway, I still haven't completely kicked my cold (maybe due in part to the fact that it's against my make-up to go to bed early,) but this sure did make me feel better!


INGREDIENTS:
4 cups of water
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
pinch of cayenne
2 ginger slices
2 Constant Comment tea bags
1/2 lemon, squeezed
3 oz. spiced rum
2 tbsp. honey

YOUR TASK:
In a medium pot, place water, spices and ginger together and mix well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and set aside. Add the remaining ingredients and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Enjoy while hot!


images and recipe: Linda Wagner (originally from Joylicious)

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about chris's grandfather, and sorry you've been sick! i'm envious of that fall weather though. feel better soon, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! I'll pass your condolences on to Chris. I'm definitely feeling better, but I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!