Wednesday, July 28, 2010

decor decisions


Well, well. How are you? It's been too long. Here's what I've been up to lately: One, contemplating the number of magazines that I subscribe to. Amazon was running a deal last December ($5 subscriptions for the whole year!) I now receive 5 magazines a month and am in over my head in magazine world! I love the ones I receive, but just can't catch up. See?
I've been putting my Whole Living on hold to read House Beautiful and Coastal Living in search of kitchen renovation inspiration. (Two) This past weekend we received a new piece of furniture that we ordered a couple months ago. This beautiful bar from Crate & Barrel will have the perfect home once we've renovated. It doesn't look too shabby now, either.
Maybe once we fill it up it will look a little more like this...
I want to get a tray to sit on top, but can't decide what look to go for. I love this galvanized metal tray from Pottery Barn. It would add a more rustic look, with the wood handles tying in the elm of the bar. Do you think the bottom would be finished nicely, or is there a chance it could scratch? Hmm..
I also love this neo serving tray from CB2. We don't have too many modern pieces so it might be a nice addition to the traditional-looking bar. Both would add a very distinct look. What to choose? Maybe I'll see which goes on sale first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!