Tuesday, December 22, 2009

homemade holiday


Hello everyone! I am finally going to show you the projects that I have been working on! I am definitely pleased with the final outcome, but I'm not sure if I will do a homemade Christmas project again without trying it out first. Here is my first really failed attempt at making these bath fizzies. I obviously do not recommend you ever try this. Seriously, never try this. I can tell you are considering trying this. Don't.
Then I decided to put my ingredients to good use by making bath salts (I added food coloring) and sugar scrub. I didn't lose hope in Martha completely. I am quite pleased with the turnout and there were no production problems compared to the dreaded bath fizzies!
I also made this wine bar nut mix, which I have made in the past and love, as well as sugared almonds. Delicious and super easy!

I got the sugared almond recipe from a friend a year or two ago, and they are super easy, as well!
• Bring 1 1/2 c. water and 1 1/2 c. sugar to boil
• Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. vanilla
• Turn off stove and mix in 1 lb. whole almonds until coated
• Spread evenly on baking sheet, bake for 20 min. at 350
• Continue to baste with syrup every 5 min.
• Sugary coating will harden once out of oven

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!