Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays : Greek Dip!

Hello all! I thought I might start sharing some of my fav recipes with you on a more regular basis. I will come across certain food blogs and get sucked in for hours. After all that time, I usually do end up making a dish or two. Anyway, this first one is an original recipe, as in, I got it from my momma and I don't know it's lineage.
GREEK DIP
You start out by chopping one avocado (sometimes I use two), two plum tomatoes, 1/2 small (3.8 oz.) jar of black olives and 1/2 c. red onion. DON'T CHOP YOUR FINGER! (slight hint, of course, I've never done this myself.)
Put all dat in a bowl.
Then, you whisk together 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
Once that is combined, add it to the bowl o' veggies (aka, the tomato mixture - wait, if tomato is a fruit, is it the bowl o' fruit and veggies?) Stir/mix gently to combine. You don't want to make the avocado a mushy mess.
After that, you will want to mince some garlic. The recipe calls for one clove, but, really, I scoff at that. To me, one means three! But, maybe you and your guests don't agree - up to you! Chop some fresh herbs : 1 tbsp. fresh parsley and 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano.
Add the garlic and herbs to the dressed vegetables. Finally, add 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yum! Is it lunchtime yet?
Here is the recipe in a more condensed version:
GREEK DIP
INGREDIENTS:
one avocado, chopped
two plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 of a 3.8 oz jar of black olives, chopped
1/2 c. red onion, chopped
1-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese

YOUR TASK:
Combine chopped tomatoes, onions, olives, and avocado, in that order.
Whisk vinegar and olive oil until combined. Then add to the tomato mixture.
Add herbs, garlic, and feta to the tomato mixture.
Mix very gently to combine.
Enjoy!
Recipe: my momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!