Tuesday, April 6, 2010

wall art, chicken salad and other bits

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed your Easter weekend! I have had a rather enjoyable time off, though nothing too eventful. Yesterday Duncan and I went on two walks, I worked on the chandelier I am finishing up and I planted some lettuce in our garden, which we started on Friday. I went to the grocery and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies, which looked wonderful all sitting by the sink being cleaned and prepared.
I ordered this wall art a couple of days ago from The Wheatfield on Etsy and it arrived, the day I decided to plant my lettuce, conveniently enough! I just love it and can't wait to hang it up.
Also, Duncan laid down for the first time upon command! Oh happy day... he WAS listening all those times. While it may not have been necessary for Chris and I to actually lay on the ground as well, it worked in the end! I do feel like a dorky dog-owner, but gosh, I was proud! I also made this chicken salad recipe, which I found on Truly Smitten a while back. I've made it in the past and LOVED it. Highly recommended!
Ingredients:
- 3 bone-in and with skin chicken breast- 1 cup halved crisp and sweet green grapes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- handful of chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp ground pepper
Directions:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a sheet pan, drizzle olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When chicken is done cooking, let it cool. Then take off the skin and cut the chicken into cubes.
- Put chicken cubes in a bowl, combine with grapes, celery, taragon, pinch of salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise and gently mix until just combined.
YUM!
It seems my day was even more productive than I imagined! I'm off to investigate the pitter-patter of four curious feet. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. that chicken salad looks delicious and is making me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!