Tuesday, April 28, 2009

storypeople art

I will be posting some vacation loveliness later, but I wanted to start off with storypeople, one of my favs. Artist Brian Andreas truly tugs on my heartstrings. Their base product is wall prints, but they have other products, like vases, benches, large wall hangings and (new!) necklace charms. The illustrations are so colorful and intriguing, but what I really love is the wording.

"Most people don't know there are angels whose only job is to make sure you don't get too comfortable & fall asleep & miss your life."

"You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time."

"There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good."

...and my absolute all-time favorite: "I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that."

That charm is so adorable and I just love the colorful vases.

You can sign up for their mailing list here. If you don't seem to be getting them, make sure they aren't going into your spam folder. And you can send e-cards here. Love, love love!

images: storypeople

1 comment:

  1. hey you! brent and i stopped by poem yesterday, but you weren't there :( i didn't realize you were on vacation! hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Have a great day!